Hot Smoked Turkey Breast
Smoked turkey breast is a flavorful and tender alternative to traditional roasted turkey. The smoking process infuses the turkey with a delicious smoky flavor and creates a crispy and golden brown skin. The spice rub adds a wonderful depth of flavor, with hints of paprika, garlic, onion, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper. This recipe can be adapted to suit your preferences, and you can experiment with different types of wood chips to create different flavors. Serve the smoked turkey breast as a main dish for a special occasion or use the leftovers in sandwiches, salads, or soups.
- 1 turkey breast (bone-in or boneless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Smokai Smoke Generator
- BBQ/Smoker/Smoke Chamber
Quality Woodchip or Pellets (Try Hickory or Applewood)
- Matches or a lighter
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper to make a rub.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover all sides.
Preheat your smoker to 107c / 225f and light your Smokai Smoke Generator using your wood of choice.
- Place the turkey breast in the smoker and add the wood chips to the smoker box.
Smoke the turkey breast for about 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 74c / 165f.
Remove the turkey breast from the smoker and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.