Recipe by Smokai
- 1 large shoulder of Lamb or Mutton (Leave the fat on!)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup orange marmalade
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper fresh ground.
- 75g butter
Combine all the rub ingredients and thoroughly rub over entire shoulder. Place the shoulder into a zip lock bag with and remaining rub, squeezing as mush air out as possible. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. Massage and turn the bag from time to time.
Combine all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil. Put to one side for coating the meat during the cooking process.
Remove shoulder from the bag and pat dry with a paper towel.
COOK AS FOLLOWS
- Preheat the smoker to110 Deg C. Medium smoke for about 6 hours (rule of thumb is 2.5 hours per KG). Internal temp should reach 90 Deg C.
- Paint with glaze every half hour or so for the last two to three hours of cooking. Should be deliciously tender and falling off the bone.