Recipe by Smokai
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons good quality paprika
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¾ teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup good olive oil
MINTED YOGHURT DIP
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground roast cumin
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place the chicken wings into a resalable bag and add the marinade making sure all the wings get a generous coating. Squeeze out ay surplus air and refrigerate overnight or at least eight hours.
Add all the dip ingredients into a mixing bowl, blend well to combine. Refrigerate until used.
Remove wings from bag and place separated on smoking racks; make sure that the wings are well coated with marinade.
COOK AS FOLLOWS
- 110 Deg C Until an internal temperature of 75 Deg C is reached, usually one to two hours.