Recipe by Smokai
- 2Kg Chicken legs or thighs
- 500ml litre water
- 500ml Orange juice
- 200g sea salt\
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 finely chopped bay leaves
- Peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme.
Combine brine ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Allow to cool completely and refrigerate of at least two hours.
Cover chicken pieces completely with chilled brine mixture, you might need to weigh them down with a plate), refrigerate for two hours.
Remove chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
Spread out on a baking sheet and place uncovered in your refrigerator overnight to allow time for the curing process to continue and chicken to surface dry.
- 110 Deg C Until an internal temperature of 75 Deg C is reached, usually two hours or so.
Chicken should be well coloured and deliciously tender.