Recipe by Smokai
- 1Kg lean Goat meat (use large muscles)
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and cut into long strips.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients into a non reactive container mix well and add the meat a strip at a time ensuring the strips are coated well on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for eight hours.
- Pat the meat strips dry and skewer at one end with a bamboo skewer to stop them falling through the smoke racks, you can have several strips per skewer. Separate them on the skewer and hang them between the bars vertically from smoke racks ensuring the strips do not touch each other.
SMOKE AS FOLLOWS
Cold smoke under 30 Deg C For 4 – 6 hours.
Remove from smoker and place in a dehydrator on high until dry but still pliable.
If you do not have a dehydrator you can dry them in your oven. Hang from your oven racks in the same way as your smoker and dry at 65 Deg C until dry (about 10 hours). Leave the oven door open a crack to allow the moisture to escape during drying.